Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
ceg[_2_] ceg[_2_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 19:21:02 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Because there's no end of people who think they should tell others how
to live their lives

I can't disagree with you.

I remember once, a few years ago, when they enacted the cellphone
law here in California, that I was in a parking lot, on my
cellphone with it held to my ear (before I had the bluetooth
setup).

Some guy vehemently yelled out his window as he drove by me,
while I was stationary, in the parking lot, clearly angry that
I was using the cellphone in the parking lot.

I felt like telling him that the law he screamed out doesn't
apply to stationary cars in a parking lot (just like stop signs
don't apply in private property parking lots), but, the entire
argument would have been lost on the dumb****.

The net is that there are *plenty* of dumb****s out there who
think that *you* should do what *they* do; and that's the
tyranny of the majority that our founding fathers were so
worried about.

It's partly why we have an electoral college, by the way (along
with States' rights versus Federal rights being also a factor).

So, I agree. Perhaps cellphone laws are just merely a way for the
dumb****s to control everyone around them.