Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
MJC MJC is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

In article ,
says...

Accidents must be going up if distracted driving is really causing
accidents.

Simple logic: that's only the case if there are no innovations
(including improved behaviour) that compensate by decreasing accidents.
E.g. say, ABS. But I know little about driving habits in the USA or
changes in car equipment. I know that one of the counter-arguments to
compulsory seat-belt wearing is that drivers are supposed to feel more
invincible with their belt on. I have no idea if this has really been
tested, or if it could be.

Mike.