Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.driving
Edmund J. Burke Edmund J. Burke is offline

Default What is that whiteish stuff on bad batteries (ruins stuff)?

"MNMikeW" wrote in message ...

What, chemically, is that whiteish crumbly powder on bad batteries?

We all have seen it, and most of the time you can just brush it off, but
I have it on a device deep inside that I can't get a brush on without
breaking stuff.

I'd like to use a solvent (I already tried water but I want to do a
better job) that dissolves the stuff so knowing the chemistry might help.

Do you have any idea what the chemical composition of that stuff is?

I believe it is faerie cum.