Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Wes[_7_] Wes[_7_] is offline

Default What is that whiteish stuff on bad batteries (ruins stuff)?

On 08/13/2015 09:35 PM, MNMikeW wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:52:50 -0700, John Robertson wrote:

Potassium Hydroxide - an alkaline (Alkaline batteries after all). Wash
off with a mild solution (50/50) of white vinegar and water, scrub, and
rinse with clean water carefully.

http://flippers.com/battery.html

That article was nice, but I'm always suspicious when someone suggests
idiotic things such as "pure water" (goes with "kosher salt" in my book,
or with "organic eggs", etc.).

Yah, organic eggs, ROFLMAO!

Chickens fed GMO food (marinated in glyphosate) and tons of antibiotics are much better for your gut microbiome and autoimmune system.
You'll be fine, just take your pharmaceuticals.