Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crown schematic, anyone ?

Arfa Daily wrote:

Today, having pulled all of the cabling out of the way, It was possible to
see where the secondary wires spaded onto the lower PCB, and there was just
enough room between the board stack and the cabinet side to mark them, and
pull them with a pair of long-nose pliers. I then shorted the blown-out
thermistor, and hooked up the variac again. Same as before. 20 volts of
input, and the variac is grunting fit to bust, so it does look like the
transformer primary is shorted turns, as that's now the only thing
connected.

** Just as I suspected, those NRE toroidals are time bombs.

So now a case of seeing if we can get the tranny and inrush
thermistor, and more to the point, at what price ...

** Farnell have some 240V rated PTC thermistors that might do the job:

http://uk.farnell.com/epcos/b59810c0...65?ost=9753265

Check the one on the other tranny to see what cold resistance value you need, probably something around 4 ohms.

.... Phil