Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Clogged laptop heat pipe and fan

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:57:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

H-P designed computers for office conditions.

I know. My office has a condition.

Blaming H-P form our slovenliness is un-called for ...

The first step to solving a problem is to blame someone. If I can't
blame HP, would you consider being the designated culprit?

Walmart sells round white grippy pads with AAA adhesive once
the grease goes off your laptop with methyl chloride raising
vents just so for better cooling and no slip on slide surfaces...

I use a door matt with lumps and bumps to improve the air flow under
the laptop. Everything I've tried to stick to the bottom of my laptop
usually falls off when the car gets too hot and the glue softens.

The grease remover is usually just alcohol, not methylene chloride or
dichloromethane (furniture stripper).

I lost the 1705E from G's out of the Turbo.

That would be a Dell Inspiron e1705.
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/inspn/topics/en/inspn_e1705_sp_overview?c=us
Slow CPU 2GHz. Limited to only 2GB of RAM. No HDMI port. Only XP
drivers available. Nice 1600x1200 optional display but with limited
viewing angle. Did you actually pay money for this thing?

The literature says it's for a "road warrior". Are you a road warrior
or do you prefer to ride in the dirt and mud?

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558