Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] avagadro7@gmail.com is offline

Default DIODE confusion

right...well written.

It seems to
me you are trying to piggy back on a existing circuit via
a relay contact but you don't want the control signal to
get crossed over ?

correct. My DIY alarm system is grafted onto a factory system, an Omega, with diodes. If it doesn't work throw diodes at it.

The de riguer roof mounted desert driving lights ground thru 5 relays into a dimmer switch on the way to the brake from throttle. Was interesting testing that seeing it gradually not work from relay to relay.

searching thru schematics in Google Images I found diodes for multiple triggers. Now how would I know what a trigger is ...?

EHHEEYAYYAY it works !.

Here, I wired into a morass then tried finding an explanation for the problem running into 'switch to ground', what seems a backwards English description of ? and other confusion.

English EEE is difficult and examples are herein.

The system is in a van. In the beginning wire 2 sizes larger than factory eg Hella wires seemed adequate then Liebermann suggested Powerstream for a kayak inverter. Once there I found the wire size calculator then Hella's point that a small voltage drop from 12V looses 30% of the light source.

The alarm sirens and horn are powered now.

Relays work with 8 and 10 Ga using the smaller wire for a signal.