Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crown schematic, anyone ?

Arfa Daily wrote:

** Out of curiosity, I stripped down the tranny from that XLS602. Internal
shorts in large toroidals are very rare, especially with no other fault.

The whole thing was rough as guts, with a wound core made from dozens of
off- cuts of steel strip tacked welded together and bits of cloth tape
covering the edges. Normal toroidal cores are precison made and have
moulded plastic covers covering all sharp edges, where the primary is
wound.

That's interesting. If this turns out to be the tranny, and the owner goes
ahead - assuming we can get one, of course - I will try to find the time to
have a look. Over the last couple of years, I've had probably three or four
large toroidals with shorted primaries, so maybe there's some Chinese
factory churning out cheapies like the one you saw, virtually made from
scrap ...

** The transformer maker used in the XLS series is:

" NRE Electrical Manufacturing Co Ltd ".

www.fsnre.com

( I posted the same details here on December 10,2014 )

BTW:

Is it possible the company is being run by a Mr Dai Lee ??

.... Phil