Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default DIODE confusion

On 8/7/2015 10:52 PM, wrote:
Right in both suggestions.

The overall problem is the siren in the engine area grounded to fender does not so far accept a relay connection for 12v from battery using 12v from alarm brain for switching batt power...

But to my delight and amazement, 2 rear roof mounted relays transfer 12v batt power with the brain's 12v signal.

The brain 12v all wire onto the same block terminal.

Lookin for an answer in text or image before trial n E, I ran into poor English probably from Korean..."when switched ground" then the rule for mounting diodes on power from batt with open end toward power
and on the ground side mounted opposite with open diode side toward the physical ground side.

If that is true then not only have I isolated field areas incorrectly but am missing basic theory on how ground functions

Can you make a drawing of the circuit.

Mikek