Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default DIODE confusion

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 07:41:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

http://ecetutorials.com/wp-content/u...ode-symbol.jpg

I'm reading isolating 12V fields with a diode places the band toward ground

but isolating ground leads past a power drop device from 12V isolates with band toward the device away from ground.

is this true or false ? exceptions ?

I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a 12V field? What
is a power drop device? Diodes pass current in one direction (toward
the band) but not the other. They can be used for all sorts of
purposes, but I really don't understand what you are trying to do.