Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Beloved Leader Beloved Leader is offline

Default Glue for repairing wall warts and laptop batteries?

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 6:32:21 PM UTC-4, mike wrote:
Been fixing wall warts and laptop batteries.
I'd normally glue them back together with the
stuff used for plastic plumbing.

I open up those wall warts every now and then. When I've finished doing whatever it was that I opened them up for, I put them back together with contact cement and dental floss. The contact cement goes on the seams. Then I wrap the two halves with about six windings of dental floss and tie the loose ends in a knot You won't be able to pull the two halves apart.

Dental floss is pretty strong stuff. Think: how many strands of dental floss would be needed for you to support your weight were you to hang, with a gloved hand, from a tree limb or football goalpost? Not that many.