Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Behringer PMP1000 amp , audio output died in use

The Insert socket is a normally closed switched stereo socket between the
Mic and Line amplifier and the rest of the channel circuitry. The Tip is
the Send, the Ring is the Return.
So inserting a mono jack will just disconnect the mic and line amp signal
from the rest of the channel, and short out the input (Return) to the rest
of the channel.
Effectively, all you are doing is shorting the signal going to the EQ
section and beyond.
There should be no interaction with any other part of the desk, and no need
for any, I have never heard of any Insert being anything other than just an
inline send and return.

The only thing you should notice is that any noise from the Mic/Line amp in
that channel will be effectively muted.

Gareth.

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

Not got inside yet and before doing so, less I disturb something.
Inserting a mono jack in one of the input channel I/O Insert sockets,
kills throughput to phones and also amp hiss at the phones output. The
PMP1280 SM ,out there, does not seem to have a control line attached to
the I/O insert socket switches at all , so different there , unless
there is some sort of auto lack-of-signal mute circuit somewhere. At the
moment I wanted to rule out something silly in the way of a wrong switch
setting combination or something. The user manual shows nothing that
could cause this.