Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Identify these parts?

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

wrote:

On Tuesday, May 27, 2008 at 5:12:51 AM UTC-5, Gareth Magennis wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 parts in a SMPS that I think are PTC thermistors. One is marked
KC103P, the other KC221K, the first a blue disk looking just like this:
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mod...=en/207356.xml

The second actually looks more like a huge blue tantalum cap, smaller than
the first but fatter, not a disc.

If you Google these, you come up with all those companies that can sell you
1000 at a time, but I can't find any data to tell me what they are or an
equivalent.

I think what your looking at is a MOV..

You replied to a 17 year old message.

I've seen replies to older messages, but in this case, it's only been 7
years. 17 would have the original post in 1998.

And in this case, I seem to have missed the original post, so yes, it's
amusing to see the other replies, which clearly came because of the first
post.

It's often interesting to look at the original thread, because these old
post resurrectors often don't. They think they have something to add, yet
the original thread often covers the whole thing.

Michael