Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Parts for Black & Decker Toaster Oven TRO480BS

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 08:59:50 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

wrote in message ...
On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 8:50:33 AM UTC-7, Snuffy Hub Cap McKinney wrote:
Anyone know where to get a replacement timer for this unit? B&D does not have stock.

I would not recommend the TRO480BS. Many problems -- those I recall are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.

Try posting in sci.electronics.repair

Thanks.

The B&D TR048BS has one good feature... it's cheap. Typically about
$30 when on sale. According to a few reviews that I skimmed,
everything else about it is marginal. If a typical parts vendor:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/black-and-decker-tro480bs-toaster-oven-parts-c-4167_124449_182647.html
wants $11.29 for the timer knob, I can imagine what a replacement
timer would cost. Methinks buying a replacement toaster oven might be
cheaper. Or, as somone else suggested, try AliExpress. This looks
like a possible:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/30-minutes-pressure-cookers-microwave-oven-timer-parts-mechanical-timer-type-250V6-5A/1573000112.html

You didn't bother to mention whether the mechanism or the contacts
failed on your existing timer. If the contacts, I suggest you take it
apart and clean the contacts, which might fix the problem.

Incidentally, I use a similar B&D toaster oven for reflow soldering
electronics:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/repair/BGA%20reflow/index.html

--
Jeff Liebermann