Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default ESR Meters

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:44:05 -0700, jurb6006 wrote:

I really like German. you guys can say in one word what it
takes up a paragraph to say. Of course you got words with like 43
letters that we USians will never understand.

Like BMW or someone came out with a head design for a car engine -
tricellular combustion chanber. Something likt that. Took three words in
English to describe, German can do it in one. I like that.

Actually, the entire German language vocabulary is significantly smaller
than the English one. Germans don't have specific words for things like
you assume they do; they simply run separate words together by removing
the spaces in between, so by way of example in English, you would have
the warning sign: "treebranchfallingoffdanger" in public parks and such
like. This can make for some incredibly long and intimidating looking
words to foreigners who are unfamiliar with the practice.