Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Two Home Theater Receivers - Same make & model - blow centerchannels!!

On 14/07/2015 13:20, wrote:
WHAT THE ?

This is JVC's RX-515V Pro Logic Surround Receiver, 80W
mains, 20W Center, 20W Surrounds. 1994 model I believe.

The first one, I bought in 1995 new, blew center channel
last summer. I plugged the center speaker into a mains
output to check it - got sound. Pressed Test, got noise
in all speakers exc center.

I was lucky to EBay a replacement from Texas, and it served
me well until just today. All other speakers, features work.
Just no center.

I do not know if the problem is on the internal input side
of the surround, or the output side. I would appreciate
some help fixing this as I really like the features and extra
inputs these older units have compared to today's.

Why does the same thing keep quitting on this model?

Same central speaker with some intermittent short on the VC ?