Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Two Home Theater Receivers - Same make & model - blow center channels!!

WHAT THE ?

This is JVC's RX-515V Pro Logic Surround Receiver, 80W
mains, 20W Center, 20W Surrounds. 1994 model I believe.

The first one, I bought in 1995 new, blew center channel
last summer. I plugged the center speaker into a mains
output to check it - got sound. Pressed Test, got noise
in all speakers exc center.

I was lucky to EBay a replacement from Texas, and it served
me well until just today. All other speakers, features work.
Just no center.

I do not know if the problem is on the internal input side
of the surround, or the output side. I would appreciate
some help fixing this as I really like the features and extra
inputs these older units have compared to today's.

Why does the same thing keep quitting on this model?