Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default ESR Meters

"N_Cook" wrote in message

The cheapo fleabay one, I could not find the pk-pk voltage in ESR mode, in
the specs. Do you know what it is? I consider that to be a vital
requirement as most of my testing is in-circuit , unlike the shown
examples of isoltated componenent testing. Must be no more than .2V and
ideally .1V, so as not to turn on anything active, in circuit

The fleabay one uses the same basic circuit design as the Peak meter. Peak
is screwing the people as they make one for non simiconductor devices and
another one for simiconductors. Whe ebay one does both and the origional
software for them does both using the same circuits.

I don't know the specs for it, but I did put it on a analog scope and from
what I can tell when I hook a capacitor across it there is a large voltag
pulse around 4 votls or so and then a low voltage pulse of about .2 volts.
Both going +and -.