Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default Newbie oscilloscope question

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

"amdx" wrote in message
On 6/30/2015 5:13 PM, Dave Platt wrote:
If it's a dual binding-post/banana-jack on 3/4" centers, adapters are
easy to find. Try a search for "bnc banana adapter" on eBay.

Even if these adapters don't happen to have the right spacing for your
'scope, you can always buy one, and a couple of short jumper cables,
to make the connection.

Or, wire up a female BNC jack to a couple of wire pigtails.

yup,
http://www.pasternack.com/bnc-to-ban...-category.aspx

At the price of the adapters unless the probe is high dollar, you can get
a whole new probe rated over 50 MHz for the same price. I bought a
coupld to use with a 100 MHz scope and can not tell much differance in
them an a Tectronix probe rated for the same frequency range. That is why
I said just cut off the end unless he has a bnc connector laying around
he can just pigtail a couple of wires to.

Maybe overkill to buy a modern probe and try to "hack" it to use on this old
'scope.

Just use a set of conventional 4mm multimeter style test probes. The high
frequency limitations of such a probe arrangement aren't a concern with this
'scope, which probably has a bandwidth of perhaps 500 kHz.

I suppose the 1 meg input impedance might load down certain nodes in the
Arduino, though...

Here's another thought. One can often find a funtional dual-trace 50 meg or
so 'scope with probes in the 50-75.00 range on eBay.

Just a thought...

Mark Z.