Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Dishwasher problems

wrote:

Now when I try to run it there is an arcing type of noise coming from
somewhere in the machine, accompanied by the room lights flickering for a
couple of seconds, and then what sounds like the Klixon tripping out
again. I should mention as well that throughout all of this I've never
smelled anything burning, which is hopefully a good thing.

Possibly the Klixon protector got fried the last time this happened. Also,
there may be a run capacitor that has failed. But, it may have also fried
the motor when it seized up the last time and noboy was watching it.

The fact that it turns freely now inidcates something else has gone bad.

Jon