Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default HDMI Dead on Panasonic TCP50S2 Plasma TV

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 4:21:41 PM UTC-4, Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:

Hi Samuel,

Did you figure out this issue in the end? I am having the same problem
with my Panny TC-P50GT50...

Nah, I'm just using Component Video, sorry. One solution I've
been told is to replace the "A"? board. The cost and hassle simply
isn't worth it to me, and then have it go out again in a year!

Cheers!

An A main will fix both TVs. Unfortunately, both of these are later versions that incorporate the HDMI receiver/select into the BABGA. No manufacturers offer BGA chips separately that I know of. In any case, difficult for the pro and almost impossible for the novice to change even if the chip was available. This leaves replacing the A board and hoping you get a good one, or use the component inputs (which is what I would do on my own TV)