Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Newbie oscilloscope question

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Want to learn. Playing with Arduino and old Heathkit 1Mz scope. Have 1x10x
probe with BNC connector. Heath scope has binding posts.
Do I butcher the probe? Find adaptors?

Want to build simple 555 breadboard circuits so I can look at different
wave forms. If I get good, will buy a faster scope.
Thanks
Ivan Vegvary

As you can get some scope probes with the BNC connectors around 2 for $ 10
to $ 15 off ebay I would just cut off the connector of the probe you have.
That is unless it is a high dollar one such as a Techtronix.

YOu can probably find a female BNC connector for almost nothing. Then just
solder some wires to the female connector. At 1 MHZ and a few inches of
wire, it probably won't be noticable on the scope you have.