Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default HDMI Dead on Panasonic TCP50S2 Plasma TV

writes:

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 4:21:53 PM UTC-5, Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
Michael Black writes:

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014,
wrote:

If a firmware update is not available for it or is but doesn't fix
it you need a main board.

Well maybe we'll get a new Repair Brief out of this, I remember when
they were posted here. The neat things Sam would find, and then get
going.

That dates us. ;(

Unless it gets worse, I'll just live with using Component Video.

Someone else noted how much easier it is to get to the guts of these modern
flat screen sets. That is certainly true, but balance that with the sheer
size and it becomes a pain to find a spot to even work on it!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/

Hi Samuel,

Did you figure out this issue in the end? I am having the same problem
with my Panny TC-P50GT50...

Nah, I'm just using Component Video, sorry. One solution I've
been told is to replace the "A"? board. The cost and hassle simply
isn't worth it to me, and then have it go out again in a year!

Cheers!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

You are welcome to email me directly at - thanks so
much for your help. I am glad to see I'm not the only one with this
issue.