Nad

Default Help with Warranty Clock Warning on RCA TV

John;

I downloaded the chipper check software. can you help me in resetting
the eprom?

I am confused on why would a company put such foolish thing inside
consumer goods like these tvs. will I have to take it to a service
center every couple of years??

thanks for your help John in this respect.

Nad

(John Del) wrote in message ...
Subject: Help with Warranty Clock Warning on RCA TV
From:
(Nad)
Date: 8/10/03 11:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Hi John;
Here is the Model No: F36648.
The Message that I get is
Warranty Clock
Hours: 8499 (This no. keeps decresing)
Date: 09/03/00

All the menu options also stop working.
An idea why this thing is happening. you help is really appriciated.

Your model number doesn't come up on my home computer, but I haven't updated it
in a couple of months.

Most Thomson TVs have a warranty clock, but it shouldn't pop up as you
described. If you've unplugged the TV to reset it and it hasn't, you will need
to take it to a Thomson service center. It might need it's eeprom
reinitialized through the proper interface and software, or it's eeprom and\or
uPc replaced. Again, try unplugging for a bit.

John Del
Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty."
Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)