Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default radio time code clock error

On 22/06/2015 14:59, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"N_Cook" wrote in message
Anyone any insight into this error? Yesterday , coincidently? the longest
day. Set the alarm function for 06:30. Luckily woke just after 06:00 and
decided to get up . Synchronous mains clock read 06:08 but radio-code
clock read 04:08, minute and seconds agreeing with another radio-code
clock but it had decided to go east 2 time zones. Still like that about
07:00 but on returning in the evening the erroneous clock had reset
itself. How to predict when this error will reoccur? any amelioration,
plenty of LCD contrast so presumably the batteries are ok?

As the minuits agree, but the hours are off, I would look for a setting as
to which time zone the clock is set for.

I've never seen an option to change country of use, or any legend like
LON for London as in the Casio. Automatically seems to selct UK , the
strongest signal? along with automatic daylight saving changes.
Just pressed reset to remind me that no country option comes up and
within 10 minutes had sync'd with the Casio , in effect.
Tried Google Images but this one not seen in the first 3 pages of pics
of silver desktop "radio controlled" LCD clocks