Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Cool bit for Phillips screws

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 19:19:36 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
m:

On 8/15/2015 10:06 AM, John McCoy wrote:

And Ford got the next Mustang right. I recall back when
the Florida Highway Patrol had a bunch of turbo Mustangs
around 1980 (they had discovered that their prior cruisers,
mostly Dodges, wouldn't exceed 100mph flat out). Then,
after California talked Ford into a police package based
on the 302 V8, FHP used them until the CVPI came out.

I don't think the Mustang, even the originals were ever designed from
the ground up. IIRC originals were based on the Comet or Falcon, one
of the other small vehicles. Then the Pinto, then the "Fox" body back
to one of the others. I think only "after" the Fox body did the
Mustang get designed from the ground up.

Well, they got the platform right, if you prefer. And that
generation had much better build quality, and didn't rust,
and weren't grossly overweight and underpowered like the
Mustang II. Any way you look at it, a much better car.

Bull****. The Japanese cars of the time rusted like hell. They were
far worse than even the Detroit crap.

I think the modern Mustangs are actually based on a Jaguar
platform, altho since Ford sold Jaguar I guess they're unique
to the Mustang now.

Nope. Not even close. The T-Bird was supposed to be based on the Jag
but that was hype. Well, the whole T-Bird redux was all hype.