Max Christian

Default Waterseal vs. Masonry paint?

Lee Blaver wrote:

Re-reading this, I think I have mis-intrepreted it. I was under the
impression that parapet wall were always on the top of buildings, but
they can also be at ground level, in which cast the above surely refers
only to that part of the wall below ground level?

Just as confused as before now!

O! Now I'm confused again as well! I really want to use masonry paint,
because the wall has lots of cracks and if I fill and paint over, it
will be easy to see if/when the cracks re-open.

Thinking about it, surely there isn't a problem with painting parapet
walls upstairs because all the moisture can get out downwards (into my
kitchen)?