Nad

Default Help with Warranty Clock Warning on RCA TV

Hi John;

Here is the Model No: F36648.

The Message that I get is

Warranty Clock

Hours: 8499 (This no. keeps decresing)

Date: 09/03/00

All the menu options also stop working.

An idea why this thing is happening. you help is really appriciated.

Nad

(John Del) wrote in message ...
Subject: Help with Warranty Clock Warning on RCA TV
From:
(Nad)
Date: 8/8/03 11:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Hello Everyone;

I have a RCA Entertainment Series TV. Recently I have started getting
this Message on the TV screen saying
Warranty Clock
some date and hours

It asks to press the MENU button to remove this message. when this
happens the sound turns off and it does not matter how much I press
the volume(up) the volume would not increase. the picture also gets
faded.

That doesn't sound like a normal function, although without a model number I
couldn't tell you. Try unplugging the TV for an hour, and try again. It might
also need eeprom intervention with the Chipper Check interface and a PC.

John Del
Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty."
Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)