Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default OK to use pine for cutting board?

On 8/5/15 7:21 PM, krw wrote:
On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 18:34:59 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 8/5/15 5:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/5/2015 1:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 8/5/15 8:53 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

http://www.cuttingboard.com/blog/top...cutting-board/

Funny how they keep referring to it as wood, when it is a grass.
In any case, it does make for some great cutting boards.

Following your logic I decided to make a cutting board out of grass.
Sure takes a long time to do the glue up though.

You mean the logic that involves using a dictionary.
Wood comes from trees.
Bamboo is a grass.

Corn is a grass, too, but we don't call it grass. Me thinks you're
being a bit pedantic.

Do you call corn wood? I didn't think so.
We don't call bamboo grass, either, even though it IS grass.
So WTF would we call it wood.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)