Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default High effciency motors

On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 15:42:56 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 12:35:28 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Yeah, but if you can control the vehicle, maybe you don't need the air
bags and air bags are something new, not too many years ago not all
vehicles had them.

Irrelevant--if the airbag is off because the ignition switch turned
itself off, that's a bad situation.

Look, you can argue coulda-shoulda-woulda all you want to, the bottom
line is that the damned switch should stay on until somebody
intentionally turns it off.

My Ranger is one of the vehicles affected, it is the only the
passenger side. There is a switch to turn it off and I have. Now mind
that I have gotten a letter from Ford advising me of the recall
(waiting for the parts to be available) but make no mention that you
should turn it off. No doubt more lawyer fodder for those injured by
shrapnel.

We just received the recall notice on our Mustang. It's already had
its airbags replaced (big oops!) but they said that they were most
likely replaced with the same, faulty, parts. It'll be six months
before they get the parts.