Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default High effciency motors

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 3:07:37 PM UTC-7, dpb wrote:
On 08/01/2015 4:56 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

The ignition switch case kind of bugs me--how does the world's largest
automaker... manage to screw up a damned _switch_?

I've a vehicle that's on the recall list and I see no real difference in
the switch than any of the other GMs.

As I heard it, a fix was implemented, but the documentation of the fix
was never filed: a mix of good and bad parts were in stock, with no
stock-number difference. So, your switch MIGHT be just fine.

Ford investigated the switch thoroughly by taking an example from the
(new, good-design) stock, and cleared it. That's why it took so long;
a used-part example in bad-design had to be located and identified.