Posted to rec.woodworking

Default High effciency motors

dpb wrote:
On 08/01/2015 5:44 PM, Leon wrote:

... It may not actually be the part you see, the lock, that
is the problem.

Has to be; that's what initiates the motion however the internals are
arranged--unless something comes loose internally and that would see
to have no real bearing on the weight and what is, by all press
reports, "turning off" the ignition. Then again, the press certainly
isn't an engineering root-cause analysis.

I'm still on GM's side on this one basically as being the fault of the
operator for doing something silly.

Well, we can all chose which side we want to fall on, but too many engineers
(including GM's own engineers) have pointed out this problem ove rmany
years. Besides that - people owning other cars do not suffer the same
problem. People behave in a consistent manner and you can't suggest that
Ford, or Toyota, or Honda owners behave differently than GM owners do. This
is a long known problem with GM ignitions - going back nearly 20 years.
It's just flat out been a long known problem with their ignitions. But like
all things GM - ignore it and continue to produce the defective product.
Think about the albatross that was the 60 degree engine wet intake manifold
gasket...

--

-Mike-