Posted to rec.woodworking

Default High effciency motors

In article , says...

On 08/01/2015 4:56 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

The ignition switch case kind of bugs me--how does the world's largest
automaker, with at that point nearly a century of corporate experience
in such matters, manage to screw up a damned _switch_?

Why does anybody put a pound of crap on the key ring besides the
ignition key and then complain if it has sufficient weight to cause the
key to change positions.

Because it does not do so on a Volvo, a Jeep, a Lincoln, or anything
else except certain GM models.

And it's not a matter of "complaining", it's a matter of BEING DEAD.

I've a vehicle that's on the recall list and I see no real difference in
the switch than any of the other GMs.

You may have lucked out and gotten the better end of the manufacturing
tolerances.