Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default High effciency motors

On 08/01/2015 12:26 PM, Leon wrote:
On 8/1/2015 9:09 AM, John McCoy wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 7/31/2015 12:38 PM, John McCoy wrote:

This is a bigger problem for the Chinese than us, tho. We
get an infinitesimal amount of lead in some toys. They get
melamine in baby formula.

We get defective air bags from Japan. Countless recalls on tainted
meats and vegetables. Thank you Blue Bell.

A little bit of apples and oranges there. The ones you list
weren't intentional (at least, as far as anyone knows). The
melamine, and other incidents of adulterated foods in China,
were purposefully done.

John

Actually one would have to be pretty naive to think that the air bag
thing was not intentionally ignored. ...

Being ignored after the fact is far different than deliberate
malfeasance...but I don't know that there was sufficient evidence that
testing of new units would've uncovered the issue as, at least as I
understand the scenario, it took time before the changes in internal
composition of the detonators would cause the resultant damage whereas a
new-condition unit did not.

According to the last report I looked at in June at the ASQC (Amer Soc
for Quality Control, a professional org for QC to which besides Amer
Statistical Assoc I was member for 30+ yr so even retired I still read
stuff), Takata still hasn't been able to fully determine an actual root
cause.