Ian Stirling

Default Toshiba Model# CF2044J Chassis# 8900 sparking

its wrote:
Let me first start out by saying this is a 13 year old set, not to
mention I'm a student, so it's just not very cost effective to have it
professionally repaired. I have replaced C301 and C305 to fix a
vertical drift problem some time back. I also had to later resolder
all joints on the CRT neck board because of cracked solder joints.
Now, there is sparking in the CRT socket sparkgap for the focus wire.
This arcing began probably about 6 months ago, but rarely occoured.

Being in a similar position, I'd first try examining the spark gap surrounds
for carbonisation, and removing any I found.
Followed by a spray of 'damp start', or some other dielectric film spray.
Do ensure that you remove the film from the actual spark gap electrodes.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
Among a mans many good possessions, A good command of speech has no equal.