Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Flooring Q

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 19:01:50 -0400, Casper
wrote:

I suspected it was a "redneck bungalow" - which is why I asked how big
it is. Just about any of the low volume deals would have enough to do
a trailer home up here.

Who you calling redneck? I'm an east coast baby!

You can't tell the difference between our home and a stick build.
Looks almost like one a few doors down and ours is in better shape.

The transitions are all transitions - not offsets. The transition from
one level to the other is spread over about 2 inches - definitely not
a trip hazard even for someone n crutches.

These transitions are significantly less than a folded carpet.

Would you believe that we have people who trip on nothing?
We understand some people like different things in each rooms, ergo
tile in baths and kitchens, wood in a living room, etc, but we do not.

So more a "factory built home" than a double-wide trailer. - If you
want it all the same, your best bet is high quality sheet vinyl, just
like it came with but possibly better quality. Your second best is
Luxury Vinyl Plank - clic-type, which costs more but you can install
yourself.