Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Flooring Q

In article ,
says...

Ed Pawlowski was heard to mutter:

Our trash pickup company will not take carpet, tile, etc,.

Sure they will, but it becomes a long term project to put the pieces in
the can every week.

And no, they provided a list a week before they started stating what
they will and will not take and they definitly will not take anything
on that list. I've seen plenty of neighbors forgetting and then having
to go out and deal with their own wet boxes, furniture, etc,.

The idea is to break things down into small enough pieces that they
don't notice. Some fella I knew who lives in a similar neighborhood
tossed his garage roof that way half a shingle at a time.

If you could call them to come with a truck and pick up a load of crap
for a reasonable price it would be one thing, but if you have anything
not on their list you're on your own for disposing of it.