Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Flooring Q

The new "luxury vinyl" plank and tile look-alike flooring is not
terribly thick and can be self-installed - but costs significantly
more than sheet vinyl - mighr be cheaper to pay an installer than to
buy the more expensive product - - - -

I am finding relatively decent prices on LVP on th einternet but I
need to see it in person and know where it is manufactured.

I may very well go with sheet vinyl and a pro install. That would mean
I would have to find a really good local professional installer.
Reason follows...

Same friend I mentioned earlier went with a local place to lay sheet
in his guest bath and bedroom. You can see and feel every nail, bump,
etc., everywhere. A week later he showed it to me and I told him that
was a bad install, not counting the damage to his bathroom walls. He
called the place and they were completely gone. Out of business.