Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Flooring Q

On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:21:32 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 07/14/2015 1:46 PM, dpb wrote:
On 07/14/2015 1:02 PM, Casper wrote:
One of the floating HDF/Laminates with the recommended underlayment will
be just fine. That'll typically be like 8 mm thickness for the flooring
and another 2mm for the underlayment for 10 mm (just over 3/8") total
installed thickness.
dpb

That is thinner than I have seen as a total height.
Do you know which one? Brand??

I am still searching for a product, preferably DiY.

The above was the spec's from one of the multitude of lower-priced
products from Lumber Liquidators web site....I'd be pretty certain there
must be hundreds of very similar dimensions available. Which one it was,
specifically, I don't recall, but was one of the "clickable" floating
(not glued/stapled) styles.

OK, the link was still in the remembered history...

http://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Bristol-County-Cherry-Laminate-Major-Brand-8BRC/10026409

was the one I just picked at more or less random...

Just about any product from Lumber Liquidators will be Chinese.
Haro is supposed to be pretty good - German.
KronoSwiss is supposed to be pretty good too. The stuff I installed
ended up being Chinese - about the only thing I can say for it was the
price was low and it was 14mm thick. It was not easy to install, and
chips easily - - - No idea what the brand was - it was sold bu a
discout flooring store locally - more or less a Lumber Liquidators
clone.