Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Flooring Q

Where are you buying your vinyl flooring to get 1/4 to 3/8 inch
thick??? My premium solid vinyl sheet flooring is MABEE 65 thou thick.
The new "premium" vinyl snap or edge=glued flooring that looks like
hardwood or tile MIGHT be 1/8" thick. That dougle layer product would
not likely telegraph, but I know from experience the .065 solid vinyl
sheet flooring can!!!

I'm not buying anything to get thick. I am trying to find out how much
an underlayment would raise other types of flooring up. The total
height of any flooring, with or without underlayment is something I
need to know before I choose and buy.

I want to do this myself but I am not familiar with installation of
sheet flooring and don't want to pay someone else to install it.

Ergo maybe vinyl planks that I can self install and save.

No help fo this job. It's all me, myself and I.