Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Flooring Q

I'm not sure I'd expect telegraphing. Most vinyl flooring is at least 3/8"
thick, but even at 1/4" thick, I would not expect OSB to telegraph through.
As for your door openings, why not plane off a bit from the bottom of the
doors, if required?
Mike Marlow

I am not expecting telegraphing either if I use sheet viynl again as
it came that way and there was no telegraphing over the 20 years.
I've never installed sheet vinyl, only other types of flooring, and so
was considering vinyl planks for DiY ability and cost savings.

Can't plane the bottom of metal doors and I wouldn't want to try.
I don't want to try and raise the doors either.

If the flooring goes too high, I will also have issues with the under
cabinet drawers and storage spaces, which would all require
modification to continue to be useful.

I've seen different types of vinyl planking. One is more like a peel
and stick, of which I am leery. Two is a solid type that has an
attached underlayment. I'm researching both for durability, warranty,
price and ease of self-installment.