Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Flooring Q

wrote:

Where are you buying your vinyl flooring to get 1/4 to 3/8 inch
thick??? My premium solid vinyl sheet flooring is MABEE 65 thou thick.
The new "premium" vinyl snap or edge=glued flooring that looks like
hardwood or tile MIGHT be 1/8" thick. That dougle layer product would
not likely telegraph, but I know from experience the .065 solid vinyl
sheet flooring can!!!

Maybe I misunderstood - I was thinking of the vinyl "boards". If you are
talking about sheet goods, then that would certainly be different. That
said - the original floor was sheet goods over OSB and as I understand the
OP - no telegraphing or other underlayment problems, so I wouldn't expect
any with a new floor.

--

-Mike-