Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Flooring Q

On Sun, 12 Jul 2015 07:27:56 -0500, Leon wrote:

Casper wrote:
I am curious if anyone has put vinyl plank flooring over osb.

Recently we removed sheet vinyl from two rooms to find it was laid
over osb and not glued down. It was there for almost twenty years,
flat as a board and no issues. I was surprised it wasn't glued. Since
the subfloor seems like new, I am trying to decide if it really needs
any further underlayment.

Thoughts on this?

Contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say. Only their
response will be the one that matters.

ts of "floating" solid vinyl flooring out there, as well as
perimeter glued - but OSB has enough "texture" to it that it could
"telegraph" through and show. As said - check with the manufacturer of
the new flooring. Possibly, with a new floating floor, just a layer of
the very thin high density foam used as an underlay for laminate would
do the job???