Posted to rec.woodworking
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Finger prints appear after staining

I am in the process of replacing a couple interior hollow core doors.
After cutting to the proper length, drilling the lockset holes,
cutting the hinge mortises and light sanding I was ready to stain the
first door.

After I applied the stain I was able to see a couple large residual
finger prints that were not visible until I had stained the door.
Unfortunately with the thin veneer I was only able to sand about half
of the finger prints out before I started to sand through the veneer.

When I get the replacement door for the replacement door is there
something short of wearing gloves that I can do to ensure there will
be no ugly surprises when I apply the stain?