Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default woodworker II blade sharpening

Len wrote:
I just had a rough time ripping a birch board using my Woodworker II blade. The board had been straight line ripped at the mill and seemed to be ok. The blade was recently sharpened by Forrest (3rd time I think) and straightened. The blade thickness is now about .1 inches. The teeth are sharp and about .125 inches thick. It could have been the board (birch) or, are the teeth too thin after the sharpening.

I have about 300 board feet to work into trim and would like it to be a bit easier if possible!

Thanks for any good suggestions.

Len

I would try cutting piece of wood you are familiar with to see if the
blade has changed much. Maybe it's not as flat as it used to be
(crazy-wild guess)?