Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Info - HF CAS SHLV Gun

On 6/26/2015 8:01 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
woodchucker wrote:

I have used them quite a bit. for 9 throw them away after a while.

I will recommend this gun over the $9. It's got a much finer spray.
The nozzle is so much more refined as far as air holes go.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-oz-H...tor-69705.html

For $29.99 on sale or $24.99 on a coupon, it's a great buy.
I still use the $9 gun, but for stuff I really care about, I pull out
the more expensive conversion gun.

I saw that gun, but I've never used it. For my fine finishes, I use
professional grade guns. I just could not resist picking up this $9 gun the
other day, and as I say - for a primer gun, it really surprised me.

I went with the hf guns for 2 reasons.
One gravity feed.
2 HVLP.. Not true hvlp, although the 29 dollar gun is much closer.
so I get much less overspray.

I never ran high pressure on my spray guns anyway. Usually around 30 lbs.

But HVLP is less. The conversion guns require more pressure to make up
for the less volume..But they oversrpay less.

--
Jeff