Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CORRECTED - Info - HF CAS HVLP Gun

J. Clarke wrote:

Actually it does fine with latex if you thin it and use some floetrol.
The catch though is that you need a bigger tip and that's hard to get
from HF.

Yeah - tip selection is almost non-existent with these guns. Mine came with
a .14mm tip which works well for even high build primers, but I don't know
how it would work with latex.

A good source for cheap spray equipment (they have "good" too by the
way) is http://www.eastwood.com/. At one time their cheap guns were
the same as the Harbor Freight--whether that is still the case I have
no idea.

I haven't bought anything from Eastwood in a very long time, but you're
right - some of their product lines were exactly the same as the HF
offerings.

--

-Mike-