Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Info - HF CAS SHLV Gun

Hi Guys:

Just thought I'd post an informative thing here. Recently the local HF had
a parking lot sale and I picked up an HVLP gun - just because it was cheap
and I thought I'd see how it worked as a primer gun. Can't ever have too
many guns, ya know. This is the gun I picked up...

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-oz-8...gun-67181.html

I got it for $9 at the parking lot sale prices and figured I wouldn't go
broke if it did not perform well. Loaded it up with urethane primer today
and put it to use. It worked perfectly. I wouldn't expect more from a very
expensive gun. Now - it may not last all that long but time will tell that
story. For guys that paint on a far more occasional basis than I do, it
would be a great primer gun.

The cautionary reminder is these are CAS guns and no CAS gun is designed to
shoot latex like a turbine HVLP, so don't look for it to fulfill that
purpose. But - if you're shooting lacquer, urethane, etc., especially on an
occasional basis, it's a good buy - even if it's a throw away after 5 or 6
uses.

--

-Mike-