Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Glue

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

In article ,
says...

I wonder if they tested any Home Depot grade products, or if
the comparison was strictly on marine finishes.

"Helmsman" is the "home depot grade product" that was under discussion
earlier.

Ah, missed that. A little surprised by that result.

In my experience the Petit is markedly superior to Minwax,
altho it's not a head-to-head comparison since the little
boat sits out in the weather, and the Minwax coated stuff
is sheltered on the patio.

Have you ever tried them side by side on the same surface with the
same prep?

No - based on my experiece with the Minwax in a (somewhat)
sheltered location, I have no reason to think it will perform
better in any other location.

John