Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default How about a welder for edm power source?

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 16:41:52 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Jody has a nice youtube video on getting taps and such out with a TIG
welder. Which now we know you have a nice one available to use ;-)

I guess I'm lucky (know I'm blessed!). I haven't broken off a tap in the
work in about five years. I do make sure they're all sharp, and go
straight-in into a properly-sized tap hole.

Lloyd

This was a new Greenfield, so I can't blame the tap, and it was well
in the hole, just my wobble. Also couldn't use my bench block. Maybe
a hand tapping machine would be a better use of my time than an edm.
We'll see how the welding goes after I practice.

Pete